Legal Counsel For Military Personnel And Families
The men and women serving our country make many sacrifices and deal with extraordinary demands, as do their families. If you or your spouse is serving in the military, we do not want those sacrifices to include any of your legal rights.
When you are confronted with any type of family law issue and need to speak with a Tacoma area lawyer, please contact the Law Offices of Rachel Rolfs & Associates. We can advise you on matters such as the availability of 90-day and longer stays of civil lawsuits against military personnel on active duty.
A Resource For Personnel At Joint Base Lewis-McChord Or Worldwide
We have provided family law counsel and representation to numerous clients stationed at Joint Base Lewis-McChord. We also have the technology and resources in place to assist men and women deployed in Iraq, Afghanistan and all around the world who must deal with family law problems here in Pierce County, Washington.
What Family Issues Do You Need To Take Care Of?
Military life is different from civilian life in so many ways, making it essential that your family law attorney truly commits to understanding the nuances of your career and your case. Our attorneys are knowledgeable on military family law issues including:
- Your rights when a divorce or legal separation action is filed while you are deployed far from home
- Special guidelines and requirements for division of military pensions and other benefits in divorce settlements involving veterans
- Dealing with necessary parenting plan modifications when a mother’s or father’s deployment changes or the custodial parent is pursuing relocation
- How to efficiently pursue modifications of child support driven by change-of-deployment income swings of BAH or COLA changes due to station changes
- Paternity and third-party custody cases involving military personnel
We recognize that your military divorce may involve all the issues of any other dissolution, but also have added complexities. If children are involved, we will help you fully understand child custody, visitation and child support in the context of military service and its demands. We can defend your rights in property division and any dispute over spousal maintenance.
Call Our Tacoma Law Office At 877.531.6896
Simply stated, we get it and we want to help. We have made a commitment to understanding the law as it applies to military families, and we can put that knowledge to work for you.